You can’t host a Block Party without inviting your friends. In addition to releasing our own Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout — Dark Charge — we’re also inviting our industry friends to show off some of their own barrel-aged beers.
We can’t wait to share this carefully curated lineup with you. Throughout the day, we’ll be tapping the beers outlined below. Come lift one to life with us!
- Against The Grain Brewery (Louisville, Ky.) Gnight Ryder: An Imperial Black Ale aged in Red Wine barrels. It’s not the general, it sure ain’t the sheriff, it’s the Gnight Ryder. ABV: 9%
- Alltech Brewing (Lexington, Ky.) Rickhouse Series #1: A Bourbon Barrel-Aged Strawberry Wheat Ale. ABV: 6%
- Avery Brewing Co. (Boulder, Co.) Rumpkin: A monstrous pumpkin ale, plump full of spicy gourdiness, aged in fine fresh rum barrels to add suggestions of delicate oak and candied molasses. This is a special request from Co-Founder & CEO, Jake, who has been known to enjoy this beer…maybe a little too much. ABV: 18.0%
- Ballast Point Brewing Company (San Diego, Ca.) Peppermint Victory at Sea: A winning combo of coffee, vanilla & mint. It’s a festive take on our their popular Imperial Porter brewed with Caffe Calabria coffee and vanilla. This version has an added dose of refreshing peppermint. ABV: 10.0%
- Blank Slate Brewing Co. (Cincinnati, Oh.) Opera Cream Stout: This is a personal favorite of several team members around Braxton. We’ll go out of our way to get our hands on pints of this collaboration between Blank Slate and The BonBonerie. ABV: 5.5%
- Central State Brewing (Indianapolis, Ind.) Sunk Costs: An awesome brewery out of Indianapolis started by some friends from a previous (work) life, we’re excited to be pouring Sunk Costs. It is a funky red wine barrel-aged beer with blackberries added. ABV: 7.2%
- Country Boy Brewing (Lexington, Ky.) Barrel-Aged Chocolate Milk Stout: A Bourbon Barrel-Aged beer out of Lexington meant to mimic a boozy glass of chocolate milk? That, we can get behind. ABV: 10%
- Ei8ht Ball Brewing (Bellevue, Ky.) Rye’ld: From our NKY neighbors, we’ll be pouring Rye’ld — a Rye Whiskey Barrel-Aged English Mild Ale. ABV: 8%
- Ethereal Brewing (Lexington, Ky.) Rum Barrel-Aged Old Gregg: This Brown Porter was aged in Rum Barrels. This is one of the first times it’s been publicly available! ABV: 5.9%
- Founders Brewing Co. (Grand Rapids, Mich.) Backwoods Bastard: Expect lovely, warm smells of single malt scotch, oaky bourbon barrels, smoke, sweet caramel and roasted malts, a bit of earthy spice and a scintilla of dark fruit from this ale aged in Oak Barrels. It’s a kick-back sipper made to excite the palate. ABV: 11.2%
- MadTree Brewing (Cincinnati, Oh.) Bourbon Barrel-Aged Coffee Vanilla Axis Mundi: From our friends and mentors at MadTree, we’re excited to be pouring their Coffee Vanilla Bourbon Barrel-Aged Russian Imperial Stout. ABV: 9.5%
- New Belgium Brewing Company (Fort Collins, Co.) La Folie: This wood-aged, sour brown spends one to three years in big, oak barrels, known as foeders. La Folie is sharp and sour, full of green apple, cherry, and plum-skin notes. Not a beer for the timid. ABV: 7.0%
- Oskar Blues Brewery (Longmont, Co.) Barrel-Aged Ten Fidy: Everything you love about Oskar Blues’ Imperial Stout but bigger. And bolder. A titanic, immensely viscous stout is loaded with inimitable flavors of chocolate-covered caramel and coffee. ABV: 12.9%
- Quaff Bros (Florence, Ky.) Blood of the Bear: Brewed in collaboration with Mash Cult, you know what you’re getting when these two collaborate. Something crazy. And something delicious. We can’t wait to try Blood of the Bear, a Red Wine Barrel-Aged Stout with cherries added. ABV: 7.2%
- Rhinegeist Brewery (Cincinnati, Oh.) Barrel-Aged Bertha: A smooth, full bodied stout with a hint of residual sweetness from the addition of a small amount of lactose (milk sugar). This limited edition has cinnamon, pepper and vanilla added. ABV: 11.5%
- Rivertown Brewery & Barrel House (Cincinnati, Oh.) Kriek: Over a year of fermentation in oak wine barrels and addition of tart cherries, is what gives this beer its distinctive flavor; sweet, acidic, funky and vinous with a tangy, lingering aftertaste. ABV: 6.2%
- Upland Brewing Co. (Bloomington, Ind.) Sour Reserve: It was a tour of Upland Brewing that inspired Evan, our Co-Founder & Head Brewer, to pursue homebrewing. Now, here we are, pouring Sour Reserve at an event of our own. Sour Reserve is a live harmony of tartness, fruitiness, and layers of flavor that can never be replicated. ABV: 5.5%
- West Sixth Brewing (Lexington, Ky.) Bourbon Barrel-Aged Burleywine: Aged for nearly a year in Kentucky bourbon barrels. This is very much a malt forward beer with pleasant barrel character, but some faint American hop character can be detected in the background. ABV: 15%
The scheduled tapping times will be released closer to the event. In addition to these barrel-aged beauties, Braxton will also have its core styles, garage series, and several heritage series (barrel-aged) beers available. The complete Braxton lineup will be shared with the tapping schedule.
The Winter Block Party is a celebration of Dark Charge, Bourbon Barrel-Aged beer and the community that makes craft beer special. We can’t wait to lift one to life with you!