Braxton Brewing Company is looking for a talented and tenacious Sales Representative. As we continue to grow, so does the best team in beer. With that, we are now hiring a Home Market (NKY/CIN) Sales Representative. Read on to learn more about this position and apply below…
JOB TITLE: Sales Representative
LOCATION: Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky
REPORTS TO: Sales Manager
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Salaried
POSITION SUMMARY: Manages relationships between Brewery and distributors, retailers, and consumers within Cincinnati.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with all Braxton Brewing Company distributor partners in the area.
- Assume a leadership role in understanding, developing, and implementing key brewery initiatives with distributors and retailers in area.
- Communicate all Brewery objectives, policies, and procedures with distributor partners.
- Conduct in-field work with sessions with distributor representatives.
- Ensure that the Breweries quality standards are clearly understood and enforced by distributors and retailers.
- Build, manage, and communicate business plans and forecasts with distributor partners including brands, pricing, timing, volume, budgets, support materials and any other information that will lead to successful execution in the market
- Coordinate product and point of sale orders to ensure achieving brewery goals.
- Review and communicate sales data and market insights relevant with distributor partners.
- Attend selected festivals and events such as but not limited to brewery dinners, tastings, and promotions.
- Develop and conduct on-going training programs with distributors, retailers, and consumers on all aspects of Braxton Brewing Company products.
- Review and understand all legal restrictions regarding Brewery product in each market and ensure all initiatives are executed within those limitations.
- Maintain and update distributor contact information regularly.
- Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules, as weekend and extended workdays are necessary.
- Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the three tier system.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors, top level account decision makers, and all internal stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze and translate insights data.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision – self-motivated.
- High level of craft beer product knowledge.
- Excellent oral, analytical, written, and group presentation communication skills.
- Strong organizational & planning skills.
- Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules, as weekend and extended workdays are necessary
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD POSSESS:
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of two years experience, preferably at a tier one distributor.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment is usually an office environment.
- Regular visits to bars, restaurants, and other retailers of Braxton Brewing Company beer are required.
- Travel is required.